But, love didn’t come easy to me.
I grew up in a “dysfunctional family.” And no matter how hard I tried, I couldn’t figure out how to have a good relationship. I even went through a painful marriage and divorce.
I knew I needed help if I wanted things to be different. So I went to support groups. I got counseling. I read books. I went to seminars and workshops. I did whatever I could to heal myself so I could finally find someone good.
And it worked — I found someone I really love who really loves me.
We’re there for each other and we take care of each other, through good times and bad. And the best part is — our love just deepens and grows the longer we’re together.
And I discovered there are very specific things you can do to heal whatever’s keeping you from finding love.
And that’s what I love sharing with you.
On a lighter note…
Some Fun Facts About Me
1. I met my husband swing-dancing. I also love country dancing (and have even been known to line dance . :-)
2. I grew up in the SFO Bay Area. As a teenager, it was great to hang out in the City and do all the touristy stuff for free. (Though it wasn’t always the safest place for a beginning driver!)
3. I love animals. As a kid, I once had over 60 pets at the same time. My personal menagerie included a turtle, chameleon, rabbits, hamsters, fish, seahorses, a dog, a cat, and a pony. (Wanted an otter, but no luck with that one. :)
4. I’m an official member of the Kusa Nunahi Tribal Band of Cherokee Indians. I’m actually a pretty interesting mix of Mexican-American, English, Irish, French and Cherokee Indian.
5. I’ve done 2 “Ropes” courses, where you climb up a tree and walk across a rope or jump off a telephone pole 25 feet above the ground. (Afterward, I felt like I could do anything!)
6. I’m a bit of a T.V addict. Some of my current favorites are Modern Family, Downton Abbey, Grey’s Anatomy, Breaking Pointe, Survivor, and Million Dollar Listing New York/Los Angeles. I love shows that are clever, dramatic, and/or intimate. And if they’re all in one show then I’m really hooked! ; )
7. I’m hooked on hypnosis! I tell my clients I have a new “superpower.” :) But, really it’s just harnessing the power of their own imagination.
8. I’m a Younger Next Year amateur exerciser. YNY suggests working out “hard” 45-minutes a day, most days to trick your body into making you stronger and healthier. When I’m able to stick to it, I feel so good!
9. I learned how to snorkel on my honeymoon in Hawaii. Snorkeling was so awesome (and my husband was so supportive) that I completely forgot about JAWS and my fear of the ocean.
10. I love the saying, “Live, Laugh, Love.” <3
Dr. Vonda ("Vondie") Lozano is a Licensed Marriage and Family Therapist, Certified Hypnotherapist, and former Psychology Professor. She has been featured in Cosmopolitan, the Wall Street Journal and on KABC Talk Radio. Download her *free* Online Dating Audio, Shopping for Men, Part 1.