But, love didn’t come easy to me.
I grew up in a “dysfunctional family.” And no matter how hard I tried, I couldn’t figure out how to have a good relationship. I even went through a painful marriage and divorce.
I knew I needed help if I wanted things to be different. So I went to support groups. I got counseling. I read books. I went to seminars and workshops. I did whatever I could to heal myself so I could finally find someone good.
And it worked — I found someone I really love who really loves me.
We’re there for each other and we take care of each other, through good times and bad. And the best part is — our love just deepens and grows the longer we’re together.
And I discovered there are very specific things you can do to heal whatever’s keeping you from finding love.
And that’s what I love sharing with you.
On a lighter note…
Some Fun Facts About Me
1. I met my husband swing-dancing. I also love country dancing (and have even been known to line dance . :-)
2. I grew up in the SFO Bay Area. As a teenager, it was great to hang out in the City and do all the touristy stuff for free. (Though it wasn’t always the safest place for a beginning driver!)
3. I love animals. As a kid, I once had over 60 pets at the same time. My personal menagerie included a turtle, chameleon, rabbits, hamsters, fish, seahorses, a dog, a cat, and a pony. (Wanted an otter, but no luck with that one. :)
4. I’m an official member of the Kusa Nunahi Tribal Band of Cherokee Indians. I’m actually a pretty interesting mix of Mexican-American, English, Irish, French and Cherokee Indian.
5. I’ve done 2 “Ropes” courses — where you climb up a tree and walk across a rope or jump off a telephone pole 25 feet above the ground. (Afterward, I felt like I could do anything!)
6. My favorite TV shows are Veep, Downton Abbey, Grey’s Anatomy (keep trying to give it up, but then I get pulled back in), Survivor, and the Goldbergs. I love shows that are clever, dramatic, and/or intimate. And if they’re all in one show then I’m really hooked! ; )
7. I learned how to snorkel on my Hawaii honeymoon. It was so awesome (and my husband was so supportive) that I completely forgot about JAWS and my fear of the ocean.
8. I love hypnosis and how your unconscious knows exactly what the real issues are and how to heal them.
9. My own spiritual journey continues to evolve. But, I’m beginning to understand — LOVE is all that really matters.
10. My favorite saying is “Live, Laugh, Love.” <3
Dr. Vonda ("Vondie") Lozano is a Licensed Marriage and Family Therapist. She offers counseling, hypnosis and meetup seminars to help you find love. She's been featured in Cosmopolitan, the Wall Street Journal and on KABC Talk Radio. Get her *free* ebook, Date, Don't Mate!
Vondie's been in the L.A. area for 20 years and now she has an office in Ventura! Nearby cities include Camarillo, Ojai and Oxnard. Ventura is also accessible from the Santa Barbara area, Santa Paula, Simi Valley, Newberry Park, Thousand Oaks, Westlake Village, and Agoura Hills.