But, love didn’t come easy to me.
I grew up in a “dysfunctional family.” And no matter how hard I tried, I couldn’t figure out how to have a good relationship. I even went through a painful marriage and divorce.
I knew I needed help if I wanted things to be different. So I went to support groups. I got counseling. I read books. I went to seminars and workshops. I did whatever I could to heal myself so I could finally find someone good.
And it worked — I found someone I really love who really loves me.
We’re there for each other and we take care of each other, through good times and bad. And the best part is — our love just deepens and grows the longer we’re together.
And I discovered there are very specific things you can do to heal whatever’s keeping you from finding love.
And that’s what I love sharing with you.
On a lighter note…
Some Fun Facts About Me
1. My husband and I moved to Ventura in 2015. We wanted to get out of the Los Angeles cray-cray and have a better quality of life. We absolutely love it here. We can see why locals call it “Mayberry By the Sea.”
2. I met my husband swing-dancing. And I’ve been known to do a bit of country dancing.
3. I grew up in the SFO Bay Area. As a teenager, it was great to hang out in The City and do all the touristy stuff for free.
4. I love animals. As a kid, I once had over 60 pets at the same time. My sister and I had quite the collection of turtles, chameleons, rabbits, hamsters, fish, seahorses, a dog, a cat, and even a pony.
5. I’ve done 2 “Ropes” courses — where you climb up a tree and walk across a rope or jump off a telephone pole 25 feet above the ground. (I was quite the scaredy-cat at first. So afterward, I felt like I could do anything!)
6. My favorite TV shows are Casual, Veep and Curb Your Enthusiasm. And when those aren’t available I watch reality TV — Survivor, Project Runway, Deadliest Catch… I watch too much T.V. :)
7. I learned how to snorkel on my Hawaii honeymoon. It was so awesome (and my husband was so supportive) that I completely forgot about JAWS and my fear of the ocean.
8. I love hypnosis and how your unconscious/inner wisdom knows exactly what the real issues are and how to heal them.
9. My own spiritual journey continues to evolve. But, I’m beginning to understand — LOVE is all that really matters.
10. My favorite saying is “Live, Laugh, Love.” <3
Dr. Vonda ("Vondie") Lozano is a Licensed Marriage and Family Therapist, Certified Hypnotherapist and author. She offers counseling, hypnosis and free workshops to help you have the life and love you really want. She's been featured in Cosmopolitan, the Wall Street Journal and on KABC Talk Radio.
Vondie's been in L.A. for 20 years and now she's in Ventura. Nearby cities include Camarillo, Ojai and Oxnard. Ventura is also accessible from Santa Barbara, Moorpark, Simi Valley, Thousand Oaks, Agoura Hills and Westlake Village.