But, love didn’t come easy to me.
I grew up in a “dysfunctional family.” And no matter how hard I tried, I couldn’t figure out how to have a good relationship. I even went through a painful marriage and divorce.
I knew I needed help if I wanted things to be different. So I went to support groups. I got counseling. I read books. I went to seminars and workshops. I did whatever I could to heal myself so I could finally find someone good.
And it worked — I found someone I really love who really loves me.
We’re there for each other and we take care of each other, through good times and bad. And the best part is — our love just deepens and grows the longer we’re together.
And I discovered there are very specific things you can do to heal whatever’s keeping you from finding love.
And that’s what I love sharing with you.
On a lighter note…
Some Fun Facts About Me
1. I met my husband swing-dancing. I also love country dancing (and have even been known to line dance . :-)
2. I grew up in the SFO Bay Area. As a teenager, it was great to hang out in the City and do all the touristy stuff for free. (Though it wasn’t always the safest place for a beginning driver!)
3. I love animals. As a kid, I once had over 60 pets at the same time. My personal menagerie included a turtle, chameleon, rabbits, hamsters, fish, seahorses, a dog, a cat, and a pony. (Wanted an otter, but no luck with that one. :)
4. I’m an official member of the Kusa Nunahi Tribal Band of Cherokee Indians. I’m actually a pretty interesting mix of Mexican-American, English, Irish, French and Cherokee Indian.
5. I’ve done 2 “Ropes” courses, where you climb up a tree and walk across a rope or jump off a telephone pole 25 feet above the ground. (Afterward, I felt like I could do anything!)
6. I’m a bit of a T.V addict. Some of my current favorites are Modern Family, Downton Abbey, Grey’s Anatomy, Breaking Pointe, Survivor, and Million Dollar Listing New York/Los Angeles. I love shows that are clever, dramatic, and/or intimate. And if they’re all in one show then I’m really hooked! ; )
7. I’m hooked on hypnosis! I tell my clients I have a new “superpower.” :) But, really it’s just harnessing the power of their own imagination.
8. I’m a Younger Next Year amateur exerciser. YNY suggests working out “hard” 45-minutes a day, most days to trick your body into making you stronger and healthier. When I’m able to stick to it, I feel so good!
9. I learned how to snorkel on my honeymoon in Hawaii. Snorkeling was so awesome (and my husband was so supportive) that I completely forgot about JAWS and my fear of the ocean.
10. I love the saying, “Live, Laugh, Love.” <3
Dr. Vonda ("Vondie") Lozano is a Licensed Marriage and Family Therapist in Glendora. She offers counseling, hypnosis and meetups to help you find love. She's been featured in Cosmopolitan, the Wall Street Journal and on KABC Talk Radio. Get her *free* ebook, Date, Don't Mate!
Glendora is a Los Angeles suburb in the San Gabriel Valley. Nearby cities include San Dimas, La Verne, and Claremont. Glendora is also accessible from Pasadena, Los Angeles, the Inland Empire and Orange County.