A Girls Night Out can help you get through Valentines Day if you’re single.
But, there’s always the chance that having dinner next to all those happy couples will make you feel worse. And if you opt for a bar instead of a restaurant, there’s an even greater chance you’ll drink too much and end up with someone you wouldn’t normally choose.
So, what’s a girl to do?
Have A Girls Night IN!
Get your single girlfriends together. Have everyone bring something to eat or drink. Make sure whoever is hosting the get-together has Netflix or Hulu or something good you can watch. You might choose something romantic. Or maybe something anti-romantic, like War of the Roses. It’s whatever you want!
This is your night to be with good friends who love and support you.You can keep the conversation light. Or you can share from the heart. You can:
- Yell or cry or laugh about not being in a relationship
- Talk about why you’re glad you’re single today
- Talk about what you wish your Valentines Day was like
- Talk about what you want in a man or a relationship
- Talk about what you’ll do to make changes in yourself or your relationships this year
- Not talk about men or relationships at all
- Enjoy a good movie, good friends, good food and drinks
Whatever you do, remember, how awesome you are. And that Valentines Day is just one day. Everything will look and feel better tomorrow!
Dr. Vonda ("Vondie") Lozano is a Licensed Marriage and Family Therapist, Certified Hypnotherapist, and former Psychology Professor. She has been featured in Cosmopolitan, the Wall Street Journal and on KABC Talk Radio. Download her *free* Online Dating Audio, Shopping for Men, Part 1.