But, love didn’t come easy to me.
I grew up in a “dysfunctional family.” And no matter how hard I tried, I couldn’t figure out how to have a good relationship. I even went through a painful marriage and divorce.
I knew I needed help if I wanted things to be different. So I went to support groups. I got counseling. I read books. I went to seminars and workshops. I did whatever I could to heal myself so I could finally find someone good.
And it worked. I’m now happily married to someone I really love, who really loves me.
We’re there for each other and we take care of each other, through good times and bad. And the best part is — our love just deepens and grows the longer we’re together.
And I discovered there are very specific things you can do to heal whatever’s keeping you from love.
And that’s what I love sharing with you.
On a lighter note…
Some Fun Facts About Me
1. I met my husband swing-dancing. I also love country dancing (and have even been known to line dance . :-)
2. I grew up in the SFO Bay Area. As a teenager, it was great to hang out in the City and do all the touristy stuff for free. (Though it wasn’t always the safest place for a beginning driver!)
3. I love animals. As a kid, I once had over 60 pets at the same time. My personal menagerie included a turtle, chameleon, rabbits, hamsters, fish, seahorses, a dog, a cat, and a pony. (Wanted an otter, but no luck with that one. :)
4. I’m an official member of the Kusa Nunahi Tribal Band of Cherokee Indians. I’m actually a pretty interesting mix of Mexican-American, English, Irish, French and Cherokee Indian.
5. I’ve done 2 “Ropes” courses, where you climb up a tree and walk across a rope or jump off a telephone pole 25 feet above the ground. (Afterward, I felt like I could do anything!)
6. I’m a bit of a T.V and Movie addict. My most recent obsession is Downtown Abbey. I started watching in on Netflix New Year’s weekend and ended up watching all of Seasons 1 and 2. (Once I started I had to get caught up because Season 3 was starting January 6th! ; )
7. I’m hooked on hypnosis! I tell my clients I have a new “superpower.” :) Though really, it’s all them.
8. I’m a Younger Next Year amateur exerciser. YNY suggests working out “hard” 45-minutes, 6 days a week to trick your body into making you stronger and healthier. (I have to admit I had some injuries in 2012. But, I’m working my way back.)
9. I learned how to snorkel on my honeymoon in Hawaii. Snorkeling was so awesome (and my husband was so supportive) that I completely forgot about JAWS and my fear of the ocean.
10. I love the saying, “Live, Laugh, Love.” <3
Dr. Vonda ("Vondie") Lozano is a Licensed Marriage and Family Therapist, former Psychology Professor, and Author. She lives in the Los Angeles area with her husband. And she loves helping other women find love with her counseling, seminars, and ebooks. Get your *free* copy of Dr. Vondie's most recent ebook, Date, Don't Mate!